Scientific Activities of GNEM
The strength of GNEM depends on the collaboration with EM healthcare leaders from developing and developed countries. Each country chapter will have the task to propose leaders to be members of GNEM academies. These members are any healthcare providers (doctors, residents, nurses, paramedics, students, administrators) who are interested to join GNEM activities and promote EM at the global level. Members can be active in any GNEM Academy of their choice. GNEM Chapters are free to organize their own activities following the vision and missions of GNEM. They will be actively involved in the organization of scientific events in their country and the ECC/GNEM Conference. They will also be involved in all GNEM projects including research in EM. An important task for GNEM members will be to submit and publish preferentially as possible in the GNEM scientific journal partner, Journal of Clinical Medicine.
GNEM has already a Facebook page and will share information in all important social media and a website. GNEM chapters can seek any support from the GNEM Executive Board. Once a year at the Critical Care and Global Emergency Medicine Conference in Dubai, GNEM Chapter Country President will present their annual review of their activities.
The principal scientific activity of GNEM is the organization of the Dubai ECC/GNEM Conference and all over the world. The concept is to collaborate with scientific societies in developing countries to organize GNEM Conferences. GNEM Chapters will lead the organization of congresses in collaboration with the GNEM Executive Board and GNEM Chapters. Beside this yearly activity GNEM will implement webinars, innovative online and onsite educative programmes, roundtables, and media activities.
GNEM will be affiliated to the Journal of Clinical Medicine, IF5 and Q1 journal. The role of the journal will be to support GNEM and vice versa.
Board members will be actively involved in developing multicentric research projects.
Most Recent GNEM Members Publications
- Dominique Lauque, Anna Khalemsky, Zoubir Boudi, Linda Östlundh, Chang Xu, Mohammed Alsabri, Churchill Onyeji, Jacqueline Cellini, Geroge Intas, Kapil Dev Soni, Detajin Junhasavasdikul, Jose Javier Trujillano Cabello, Niels K. Rathlev, Shan W Liu, Carlos A. Camargo J., Anna Slagman, Michael Christ, Adam J. Singer , Charles-Henri Houze-Cerfon, Elhadi H. Aburawi, Karim Tazarourte, Lisa Kurland, Phillip D. Levy, James H. Paxton, Dionyssios Tsilimingras, Vijaya Arun Kumar, David G. Schwartz, Eddy Lang, David W. Bates, Gabriele Savioli, Shamai A. Grossman and Abdelouahab Bellou. Length of Stay in the Emergency Department and In-hospital Mortality: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Journal of Clinical Medicine. In press, 2022.
- Abdelouahab Bellou, Nacira Sennoun, Elhadi H. Aburawi, Richard L Jayaraj, Seth L. Alper, Ibrahim Abdallah Alfaki, Javed Yasin, Subramanian Sekar, Mohamed Shafiuallah, Suhail Al-Salam, Abderrahim Nemmar, Elsadig Kazzam, Paul Michel Mertes, Suleiman Alhammadi. Combined treatment with KV channel inhibitor 4-aminopyridine and either γ-cystathionine lyase inhibitor β-cyanoalanine or epinephrine restores blood pressure and improves survival in the Wistar rat model of anaphylactic shock. 2022 Oct 3;11(10):1455. doi: 10.3390/biology11101455.
- Marghli S, Bouhamed C, Dhibi F, Amira S, Jerbi N, Kerkeni W, Bettout S, Dlala I, Dhibi F, Bellou Abdelouahab. Nebulized budesonide combined with systemic corticosteroid vs systemic corticosteroid alone in acute severe asthma managed in the emergency department: A randomized controlled trial. BMC Emerg Med, 2022 Aug 3;22(1):140.
- Maryam Alfalasi, Sarah Alzaabi, Linda Östlundh, Rami H. Al-Rifai, Suhail Al-Salam, Paul Michel Mertes, Seth L. Alper, Elhadi H. Aburawi, Abdelouahab Bellou. Effect of Nitric Oxide pathway Inhibition on the Evolution of Anaphylactic Shock in Animal Models: A Systematic Review. Biology. Biology (Basel), 2022 Jun 16;11(6):919. doi: 10.3390/biology11060919.
- Walid Oulehri, Olivier Collange, Charles Tacquard, Abdelouahab Bellou, Julien Graff, Anne-Laure Charles, Bernard Geny, Paul Michel Mertes.. Impaired myocardial mitochondrial function in an experimental model of anaphylactic shock. Biology (Basel), 2022, 10;11(5):730. doi: 10.3390/biology11050730.
- Michael Khalemsky; Abdelouahab Bellou; Mehmet Akif Karamercan; Martin Moeckel; Luis Garcia Castrillo; David G. Schwartz. Physicians’ attitudes towards smartphone-based Emergency Response Communities for Anaphylaxis: Survey. Health Policy and Technology 2021; S2211-8837(21)00103-9, 10.1016/j.hlpt.2021.100580.
- Antonella Muraro*, Margitta Worm*, Cherry Alviani, Victoria Cardona, Audrey DunnGalvin, Lene H. Garvey, Carmen Riggioni, Debra de Silva, Elizabeth Angier, Stefania Arasi, Abdelouahab Bellou, Kirsten Beyer, Diola Bijlhout, M Beatrice Bilò, Carsten Bindslev-Jensen, Knut Brockow, Montserrat Fernandez-Rivas, Susanne Halken, Britt Jensen, Ekaterina Khaleva, Louise J Michaelis, Hanneke N.G. Oude Elberink, Lynne Regent, Angel Sanchez, Berber J. Vlieg-Boerstra, Graham Roberts* on behalf of European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Guidelines Group. EAACI guideline: Anaphylaxis (2021 update). Allergy. 2022 Feb;77(2):357-377. doi: 10.1111/all.15032. Epub 2021 Sep 1.PMID: 34343358
- Lia I. Losonczy, Alfred Papali, Sean Kivlehan, Emilie J. Calvello Hynes, Georgina Calderon, Adam Laytin, Vanessa Moll, Ahmed Al Hazmi, Mohammed Alsabri, Diptesh Aryal, Vincent Atua, Torben Becker, Nicole Benzoni, Enrico Dippenaar, Edrist Duneant, Biruk Girma, Naomi George, Preeti Gupta, Michael Jaung, Bonaventure Hollong, Diulu Kabongo, Rebecca J. Kruisselbrink, Dennis Lee, Augusto Maldonado, Jesse May, Maxwell Osei-Ampofo, Yasein Omer Osman, Christian Owoo, Shada A. Rouhani, Hendry Sawe, Daniel Schnorr, Gentle S. Shrestha, Aparajita Sohoni, Menbeu Sultan, Andrea G. Tenner, Hanan Yusuf, Neill K. Adhikari, Srinvas Murthy, Niranjan Kissoon, John Marshall, Abdo Khoury, Abdelouahab Bellou, Lee Wallis, Teri Reynolds. White Paper on Early Critical Care Services in Low-Resource Settings in Low-and-Middle income Countries. Ann Glob Health. 2021 Nov 3;87(1):105. doi: 10.5334/aogh.3377. eCollection 2021.PMID: 34786353
- Antoine Elias, Jeannot Schmidt, Abdelouahab Bellou (Co-Principal Investigator), Gregoire Le Gal, Pierre-Marie Roy, Patrick Mismetti, Guy Meyer, Mike Clarke. Opinion and practice survey about the use of prognostic models in acute pulmonary embolism. Thrombosis Research 198 (2021) 40–48.
- Mohammed Alsabri, Mervat Abdalaziz, Farouk Abdulrahman Al-Qadasi, Asma Abdullah Yahya Zeeherah, Adekemi Ebo, Sayed Ab. Reshad, Adel Ahmed Abdullah Hassan, Mohammed Hamzah, Shahenaz Najjar, Abdelouahab Bellou (Senior author and Co-Principal Investigator). Patient Safety Culture in Emergency Departments of Yemeni Public Hospitals: A Survey Study. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(2):e21.
- Debra de Silva, Chris Singh, Antonella Muraro, Margitta Worm, Cherry Alviani, Victoria Cardona, Audrey DunnGalvin, Lene Garvey, Carmen Riggioni, Elisabeth Angier, Stefania Arasi, Abdelouahab Bellou (Member as expert representing the European Society for Emergency Medicine), Kirsten Beyer, Diola Bijlhout, M Beatrice Bilo, Knut Brockow, Montserrat Fernandez-Rivas, Susanne Halken, Britt Jensen, Ekaterina Khaleva, Louise Michaelis, Hanneke Oude Elberink, Lynne Regent, Berber Vlieg – Boerstra, Angel Sanchez San, and Graham Roberts. Diagnosing, managing and preventing anaphylaxis: systematic review. Allergy. 2021 May;76(5):1493-1506. doi: 10.1111/all.14580. Epub 2020 Sep 29. PMID: 32880997
- Alsabri Mohamed, Zoubir Boudi, Lauque Dominique, Dias Roger Daglius, Whelan Julia S, Linda Östlundh , Onyeji Churchill, Michel Philippe, Liu Shan W, Camargo Carlos A Jr, Tobias Lindner, Slagman Anna, Bates David W, Tazarourte Karim, Singer Sara J, Toussi Anita, Grossman Shamai, Bellou Abdelouahab (Senior author and Principal Investigator). Impact of teamwork and communication training interventions on safety culture and patient safety in emergency departments: a systematic review. J Patient Saf. 2022 Jan 1;18(1):e351-e361. doi: 10.1097/PTS.0000000000000782.PMID: 33890752
- Mohamed Alsabri; Zoubir Boudi; Taoufik Zoubeida; Ibrahim Abdallah, Churchill Oneyji; Liu Shan, Carlos Camargo; Philippe Michel, Karim Tazarourte; Said Hachimi Idrissi, Shamai Grossman; Abdelouahab Bellou (Senior author and Principal Investigator). Analysis of risk factors involved in patients experiencing patient safety events occurring in the emergency department. J Patient Saf. 2022 Jan 1;18(1):e124-e135. doi: 10.1097/PTS.0000000000000715.PMID: 32853517
- Zoubir Boudi, Dominique Lauque , Mohamed Alsabri, Dominique Lauque , Mohamed Alsabri, Linda Ostlundh, Churchill Oneyji, Anna Khalmeski, Carlos Lojo Rial, Shan W Liu, Carlos A Camarego Jr, Elhadi Aburawi, Martin Moeckel, Anna Slagman, Michael Christ, Adam Singer, Karim Tazarourte , Niels K Rathlev, Shamai A Grossman, Abdelouahab Bellou (Senior author and Principal Investigator). Association between boarding in the emergency department and in-hospital mortality: a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLOS ONE 2020 Apr 15;15(4):e0231253. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0231253.
- Suhail Al-Salam; Elhadi H. Aburawi; Suleiman Al-Hammadi; Sekhar Dhanasekaran, Mohamed Shafiuallah; Javed Yasin; Manjusha Sudhadevi; Aktham Awwad; Seth L. Alper; Elsadig E. Kazzam; Bellou A (Senior author and Principal Investigator). Morphologic changes in anaphylactic shock induced in the ovalbumin-sensitized Wistar rat model. Biomolecules. 2019 Mar 13;9(3). pii: E101. doi: 10.3390/biom9030101.
- Pauline Haroutunian, Mohammed Alsabri, François Jerome Kerdiles, Hassan Adel Ahmed Abdullah, Abdelouahab Bellou (Senior author and Principal Investigator). Analysis of Factors and Medical Errors Involved in Patient Complaints in a European Emergency Department. Adv J Emerg Med. 2018 Winter; 2(1): e4. doi: 10.22114/AJEM.v0i0.34.